Search

Saturday, February 9, 2008

eBay Feedback Change - No Buyer Negatives

If you haven't heard, eBay is taking away "negative" feedback for buyers. In adopting the new rule, eBay stated they want to protect buyers from retaliatory feedback from sellers.

All in, I support the change. A few years ago, I had a problem with a seller who's posting was misleading with respect to how he took PayPal. I wanted to give him a negative feedback; however, I gave him a neutral review. Of course, he retaliated with a neutral. This guy sells 100's of items per month. If I give him a negative rating, his overall rating will go down by less than 1 percent. If he retaliates, my rating goes down by almost 5 percent.

Since seller feedback is incredibly important, eBay was right to give people the opportunity to comment on sellar behavior without fear of retaliation.

No comments: