Search

Friday, September 5, 2008

Christmas Trips Home – Fly on Christmas Day

Flying to see family for Christmas can be very expensive. While talking to my sister, she mentioned flying on Christmas day to save money. Since I was planning on using AA points (I want to use them up and stop using American Airlines forever), I wasn't paying that much attention. When I went to book my flight, I discovered AA doubled the number of airmiles needed to fly out on Christmas Eve Day compared to Christmas Day. Basically, they want people to pay first class prices for coach seats. As a result, I am flying home at 7am on Christmas Day with my lovely wife.

Thanks American Airlines. Each time I deal with you, you lose what little goodwill you may have left.

We plan on using the "saved" points for a trip to Florida in February.

No comments: