Search

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fidelity 2% Cash Back Card Review

In an era a frugality, getting the most of one's credit card reward programs is an important way to save revenues. As a Fidelity Brokerage customer, their new 2% cash back program seemed like a good idea and I signed up.


 

The Amex branded card is actually a card offered by FIA Card Services. Although FIA Card Services is one of the largest credit card issuers in the country, their website is a travesty.

  1. They do not offer the ability to download transactions directly to Quicken (automatically or manually).
  2. They do not offer any way to contact them electronically.


 

Otherwise, the product does offer what it promises. For every $2,500 spent, they will deposit $50 in my brokerage account.


 

Nevertheless, I think I am going to use my Amex Blue for most spending. Because a large % of our monthly spending is Gas and Groceries, I end up earning 5% on most of my spending (after getting past the threshold).

No comments: