Search

Friday, June 19, 2009

USGA Boycott – Golf Tournament

While I know many of my readers are not golf fans, I want to bring your attention to the idiotic policy adopted by the USGA with respect to rainouts. Yesterday, fans who paid $100 for tickets to see the US Open were treated to a monsoon. They got to see Phil Mickelson play ZERO holes. Tiger completed a staggering 6 holes before the USGA shut down the tournament for the day. Because play was stopped early, many customers had not even arrived.

Nevertheless, the USGA has decided not to allow fans to attend the event on any other days or to provide a refund of any funds. As a USGA Member (for now), I am shocked at this policy and will be calling them today to cancel my membership. If you have some time, please contact them to express your displeasure with their policy.


 

The United States Golf Association
P.O. Box 708
Far Hills, N.J. 07931
908-234-2300

No comments: