Search

Monday, January 21, 2008

My Easy Bill Payment System - 1 2 3 4

1. All bills are paid online using my ING Account. Although other accounts (especially credit cards) have good systems, centralizing the process with ING makes it easy to logon and see what is in the works.

2. Schedule Payments: If it is always the same payment, automate the payment so it is impossible to miss it. In my case, this means my mortgage payment, student loan payment, and car loan.

3. Other Payments: Pay them all - 1 day a week. Each week, I pay my bills on Saturday morning. Since ING pays interest on the amount in the account, I schedule the payment to go out five business days before they are due.

Extra Credit - Round Up: Instead of sending the electric company $89.13, I send them $90.00. It makes balancing the checking account easier.

Peace

No comments: