Search

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Discount Gasoline from Supermarket

A couple months ago, a new PriceChopper grocery store opened near my gym. With their loyalty card, customers get a coupon for a 10-cent per gallon discount at Sunoco after spending $50. Unfortunately, Sunoco is typically 2-3 cents higher priced than the Citgo. With the discount I get from using my Citgo card, the 10-cent per gallon discount didn’t help me. Needless to say, I have been ignoring the discount.

When I got my groceries today, I took a look at my receipt and realized PriceChopper adds the discount to prior discounts. With prior shopping trips counted, I had a 50-cent per gallon discount and used it to fill up the SUV.

Note to self – read the fine print on rewards programs from the supermarket.

No comments: