Search

Friday, December 21, 2007

Cheaper to Drive - No to Riding the Bus?

After running the numbers, I was sad to find out using the Park and Ride + the express bus was not a cost effective way to get to work. After looking at the numbers, it is clear I would need to save 10 more miles per day to make the savings on gas/wear pay for the bus ticket.

Nevertheless, I am planning on taking the bus 2-3 times per week to work. In addition to cutting down on my fuel cost, I get to avoid the hassle of fighting traffic. The downside is being at the mercy of the bus schedule. In particular, the last bus out leaves at 5:35pm. For that reason, I don't think I will become a total user of mass transit.

The other option: Take the bus to work and have my fiance pick me up on the way home. On days when she stays late, this might work.

No comments: